Outstanding villa at premium location and at canal.
Stunning semi-detached villa built in 1930 with approximately 310m2 gross living space including 5 spacious bedrooms and detached garage, both with thatched roofs. Situated at canal with open water connection, near the forest (300 meters), town centre (600 meters), motorway N44 (1km), American School (2km), train station (3km), British School (4km), the beach (5km), The Hague (10km) and Amsterdam (45km). You can comfortably cycle to The Hague and Leiden and there several bus stops within 300 meters from the house. This characteristic well-maintained residence has got high quality finishing’s, is full of charm and has got 3 sunny terraces.
An electrically operated gate opens to a driveway which can accommodate several vehicles, a detached garage, and a front garden with sunny terrace.
At the entry to the house itself is a big central hall laid with Belgian stone floor tiles, a cloakroom and a guest lavatory. From here, double glass-paned French doors lead to the large, L-shaped living/dining area with high ceilings, oak herringbone parquet, and a wood-burning fireplace in the front room. The back room has French doors to the enclosed garden with terrace and immediate access to wooden jetty. The huge, fully equipped eat-in kitchen adjoins the dining room and features Belgium stone flooring and lots of counter space.
An elegant carpeted stairway leads to the upper levels, both flooded with natural light thanks to a side window on the 1st floor and the extraordinary “bullseye window” on the 2nd storey.
The 1st floor comprises a spacious landing and 3 bedrooms plus a separate lavatory. The master bedroom has fitted wardrobes and an ensuite bathroom with bath, shower, and double washbasin. A second bedroom has built-in bookshelves, and a third good-sized room has windows on 3 sides plus a built-in cupboard with washbasin. Both have access to a balcony overlooking the back garden and canal.
On the 2nd floor there is another spacious landing, 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, a laundry room, and a study/playroom. Both bedrooms, separated by a bathroom with shower, toilet, and double washbasin, feature dormer windows and fitted wardrobes. The study has a wooden floor, and sloping walls with a velux window. The attic, which houses the central heating unit and boiler, can be reached from the landing via pull-down stairs.
The two adjoining cellar areas, accessible from the kitchen, which provide lots of storage space.
Noteworthy features and amenities:
- Superior location, charming half-detached villa
- Freehold, plot size 626m2 with jetty providing access to open water (Zijlwetering)
- Gross livings space approx.. 310m2 with living space approximately 255m2, storage 42m2 (2 cellars and attic) and balcony 11m2. External storage space garage 18m2
- Wonderful family home with spacious rooms
- Secure premises with electrically operated gate and alarm system
- Driveway for several vehicles and detached stone garage
- Easily maintained garden with robotic lawn mower and automatic sprinkler system
- New central heating unit (Remeha Quinta Pro) and boiler (Nibe, 210 liter)
- General age and materials clauses will be included in the purchase agreement